”If you stop getting better, you stop being good.”
At Polykemi, we try to live by these words. For us it is important to constantly evolve in order to provide our Swedish and international customers with high technical expertise and service. Improvement and innovation are therefore integral to our operations.
”The human factor accounts for 70 % and technology for 30 % of the company’s success!”
Our employees create that success, regardless of job description. Each employee has the potential to lift the company toward success, so employees and departments working together will help us achieve our goal of becoming a World Class Compounder. This is the force we would like to unleash, by continuously creating opportunities in which all employees can participate, contribute ideas and become engaged in the company’s success.
”Engaged employees require engaged leaders!”
Employee engagement does not just happen. It requires the right conditions, a favorable climate, a proper understanding of the operation, and participation in important changes and decisions. Our corporate leaders can create a fertile ground for involvement and participation. We have come far in our aspiration to develop leadership based on three pillars: Engagement – Priority – Action. These three power words involve the team in formulating ideas, setting priorities for initiatives and changes, and finally, implementing the decisions taken.
Going for Gold – our vision statement
In 2005 Polykemi launched the Going for Gold project. Together we formulated our vision statement for the future of Polykemi. The goal was to implement several measures to further increase employee engagement and accountability, while decentralizing the decision-making process at Polykemi. One important premise was for all employees to agree on shared values.
We set challenging but realistic goals that demand extraordinary efforts from both employees and the company. Everyone at Polykemi is completely convinced that we will achieve these goals, which will provide new opportunities and challenges while ensuring our future. We have made good progress with this new philosophy and working method. As always, we intend to work together to become better than ever.
Success requires shared values.
Values define our attitudes – to family, friends, politics and work; yes, even to life in general. Our values guide our conduct, thoughts and actions. Polykemi must have common positive values if we are to become a successful team. We have chiseled out five such values that have a single objective: the success of both the employee and Polykemi.
1) Commercial viability
Employee actions determine Polykemi’s future.
Commercial viability requires a balance between pulling out all the stops to satisfy the customer on the one hand, while conserving the company’s resources on the other. Success in this effort requires:
– Customer focus. We are here for the customer and must satisfy customer needs.
– Goal orientation. We must work toward common goals and visualize our role in the total picture.
– Cost consciousness. We must approach our work as though we own the business personally.
Test your wings.
Responsibility is positive, fun, stimulating and challenging. It is therefore only natural for Polykemi to establish the objective:
“We will be a company that grants responsibility and have employees who willingly accept it.”
– Accept responsibility for the workplace, the job and yourself.
– Delegate whenever possible.
– Dare to tread on new ground, but learn from your mistakes.
– Keep your promises. An apparently minor mistake can have major consequences at a later phase.
Earn respect by treating others with respect.
To achieve personal growth, others must respect you. To gain such respect you must quite simply show respect. Or, in other words: the way you treat others is how others will treat you.
– Respect for colleagues. Recognize that sometimes others know better.
– Accept and follow decisions. By doing so, you show respect for the whole picture and the strategy.
– Listen to others. Assume that everyone has good intentions and wants to improve Polykemi.
Through teamwork, Polykemi can succeed at anything.
Teamwork and participation require helicopter vision – in other words, the ability to take any situation and see how you fit into the big picture, to determine the needs and requirements that must be met.
– Working together with our customers is our top priority. Always begin with what the customer wants.
– Be unpretentious in your relations with customers, coworkers, and suppliers.
– See the whole picture. Think about the demands and desires to be met.
– Get involved and make a difference. Your ideas are important. Make your voice heard.
Dare to be honest.
One trait can make any relationship easier – honesty. While honesty may be painful at times, the alternative is far worse.
– Be clear, straight and honest, and you will encounter honesty.
– Dare to object. Object openly and constructively.
– Give both praise and criticism. Both are essential for success.
– Dare to reassess. Someone who listens and strives to improve can also reassess.
Our human resources mission statement
Polykemi will be an attractive employer, where employees experience that
they have stimulating and broadening jobs, good terms of employment and
a safe and secure workplace.
At Polykemi we respect the unique value and experience of each employee.
Each employee at Polykemi should participate and take responsibility for the company’s performance.
Collaboration among colleagues and departments fosters a sense of “we” and
better results at work.
Employees will perceive the work environment as safe and stimulating – from
a physical, social and psychological perspective.
Polykemi’s executives will be good leaders with the ability to motivate
their employees to produce good results.
In order to provide our Swedish and international customers with a high level of technical
knowledge and service, as well as customized solutions, our employees must have opportunities that foster professional growth.
Salary and incentives must be clear and fair to motivate employees to achieve professional growth.
At Polykemi employees should always feel secure enough to question procedures and suggest improvements in all areas.